GWN's Fitness Thread

Hey Brown, you run any half or full marathons?

I don't know why anyone would want to run 26 miles more than once. I wanted to run the Boston marathon only but my desire for that has waned somewhat given recent developments.

I have run 13 miles on my own several times (prob 7-10) but never in an event. Running in crowds sucks.

I usually cap off around 7. Between 4-6.5 is a typical distance run for me when I'm going pretty good. Once upon a time I read anything over 6 mi was counterproductive. Idk if that's true or not but I loosely adhere to it.

I could probably rattle off a half marathon any time from June-September just cause they say if you can run 6 or so a couple times a week you can bang out 13. I had a roommate in college run a marathon and the longest he ran in training was like 14.

I don't know why anyone would want to run 26 miles more than once. I wanted to run the Boston marathon only but my desire for that has waned somewhat given recent developments.

I have run 13 miles on my own several times (prob 7-10) but never in an event. Running in crowds sucks.

I usually cap off around 7. Between 4-6.5 is a typical distance run for me when I'm going pretty good. Once upon a time I read anything over 6 mi was counterproductive. Idk if that's true or not but I loosely adhere to it.

I could probably rattle off a half marathon any time from June-September just cause they say if you can run 6 or so a couple times a week you can bang out 13. I had a roommate in college run a marathon and the longest he ran in training was like 14.

I still really like to run, and I feel like I should want to do a marathon, but I find that I don't have the desire at all. I could go out and run 13 right now, I feel sure. I ran 10 for the hell of it a couple weeks ago.

I have a 5 mile run mapped off at my house and at work, and it usually do it a couple times a week. I bumped it up and did about 7 last week, just for a change of pace. I think if I'm going to be running for much over 45 minutes to an hour then I'll need to start taking some sort of food/gel/fluid with me, and I really don't want to fool with all that...

I still really like to run, and I feel like I should want to do a marathon, but I find that I don't have the desire at all. I could go out and run 13 right now, I feel sure. I ran 10 for the hell of it a couple weeks ago.

I really wish I born with that gene in me. There are certain forms of torture that I think I'd rather endure than running a marathon.

Lettuce talk nutrition. GWN, what are your favorite clean breakfast dishes? I've been on a turkey sausage, egg white spinach omelet kick here lately.

I really wish I born with that gene in me. There are certain forms of torture that I think I'd rather endure than running a marathon.

Same here, wish I had that gene. Plus I have thick thighs which makes it all the more hell. 2 to 3 miles is about all the max for me these days. I could probably stretch it to 5, but I don't foresee that ever happening.

Lettuce talk nutrition. GWN, what are your favorite clean breakfast dishes? I've been on a turkey sausage, egg white spinach omelet kick here lately.

Unfortunately, I don't spice it up very much when it comes to breakfast. I'll usually just have 5-6 egg whites (hard boiled) and some oatmeal, or a protein shake and some oatmeal.

On the weekends sometimes I'll make a hell of a protein smoothie...couple scoops of chocolate protein powder, couple tablespoons of cocoa powder, some vanilla extract, some natty peanut butter, skim milk, and about a cup of ice, blended thoroughly. It's excellent.

Ran 2 miles today. First time in about 6 months running. Feeling pretty good actually

This is a little disheartening.

@UberFacts: Chicken today contains 266% more fat and 33% less protein than it did 40 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back