GWN's Fitness Thread

Got it. I'll see if I can kick these over to you guys as soon as I get back to my iPad. And I'll post up some brutal workouts here as well.

Alright, email sent. I'm having a hard time with the exercise manual...I'll try to figure something out to get it to you guys.

Alright, email sent. I'm having a hard time with the exercise manual...I'll try to figure something out to get it to you guys.

Awesome, appreciate that first one but a manual wouldn't hurt. I'm sure that we could just look them up if need be though. I have a love/hate relationship with the fast as possible and as many sets in _ minutes approach but I know it's some of the best stuff you can do. Just means I've got to push my ass harder than I've been doing

Yeah, it's going to be tough to figure out without the manual. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get it to you. It wouldn't let me email it like it did the flip chart...and it won't let me copy it either.

Here's a workout I put together that's a real *****. You can break the exercises and reps up any way you like, but you have to start and finish with the row ( or a 1mi run)...

2000m Row (resistance =10)
50 Wall ball (20lb)
50 Pull up
50 KB Squat (44lb)
50 Med Ball Sit-up (20lb)
50 Med Ball Push-up
50 Suicide Jumps
50 KB Swing (44lb)
2000m Row

KB squat is just a squat while holding a kettlebell at chest level by the horns. Med ball push-up is basically a close grip push-up with both hands on a med ball. Suicide jumps is like a burpee without the push-up.

This workout took me about 34 minutes without stopping. Brutal.

Another for you guys...

As Fast As Possible

500m row
25 push-up
500m row
25 wall ball
500m row
25 squat
500m row
25 kb swing
500m row
25 sit up
500m row
25 kb upright row
500m row
25 lunge
500m row
25 switch hand med ball push-up
500m row
25 kb dead lift upright row
500m row
25box jump

One more...

Every Minute on the Minute (20 rounds)

6 Jump Squats (basically a body weight squat where you jump at the top of the movement)
6 Kettlebell Swings
6 Pull-ups

Been tied down workin 55-60 hrs a week, coaching a school 14 yr old team and an 11 yr old travel team, getting an indoor baseball facility opened up, and some unusually cold and or wet weather.. So I tore it up pretty good just now (50 degree perfect night) on a three miler. Feel great

One more...

6 Jump Squats (basically a body weight squat where you jump at the top of the movement)
6 Kettlebell Swings
6 Pull-ups

Gonna try to tackle a slightly modified version of this in the AM

Gonna try to tackle a slightly modified version of this in the AM

Nice. You can sub in pretty much any exercises you like...shoot for completing your round in about 35 seconds or so, giving you 20ish seconds to rest. 20 rounds of that and you'll be feeling it.

One more...

6 Kettlebell Swings
6 Pull-ups

Think I'm going to try this one today at the gym.

Did this one this morning. Holy shat.

5 sets of...

500m row
10 Burpee Box-jumps
10 med ball sit-ups
10 KB Deadlift (2 60lb kettlebells)
10 Pull-up
10 Lunge (right/left = 1)

29:00

One more...

6 Kettlebell Swings
6 Pull-ups

So I made it 16 rounds of every minute on the minute and then went two minutes between rounds for the last 4. Gonna take a couple weeks to get my stamina back up to snuff for this style of workout but I dug this one.

Glad you liked it. Whenever I get to the point that I am finishing in :50-:55 seconds, I just go ahead and take the next round off and try to get back in and finish after that.

So I made it 16 rounds of every minute on the minute and then went two minutes between rounds for the last 4. Gonna take a couple weeks to get my stamina back up to snuff for this style of workout but I dug this one.

Oh, and your quads will likely be feeling that ish tomorrow.

Glad you liked it. Whenever I get to the point that I am finishing in :50-:55 seconds, I just go ahead and take the next round off and try to get back in and finish after that.

Definitely liked it. So simple and yet still a real ass kicker.

Yoga can be very intense. It does amazing things for balance and flexibility. The P90X Yoga DVD is actually very good...I really should get back into doing it at least once a week.

Members online

No members online now.
Back