Ole Scott's Funeral

Traveling with a little kid and finding a hotel and toting him/her around a big city doesn't sound that bad IMO

Yeah it probably wouldn't be that bad, all I see are my neices and nephew, who are all spoiled rotten.

I was totes kidding. I'm sure kids can be just so tough.

Are y'all honeymoonin?

Yeah that sounds about right. Selfishly, there are a lot of things I want to check off the lists before children. Traveling seems like it will severely limited once children come into the equation. But, I am pretty excited about children and instilling the cruel curse of Tennessee Vols athletics upon them.

Traveling can still work if you have relatively young, healthy, enthusiastic, and available in-laws. We were able to keep traveling some after the first one. Not the second.

You can still keep a reasonable facsimile of your old life going for awhile with only one kid, actually. You can suck it up and go to a restaurant occasionally. You can still travel. The second one is the one that completely blows it apart, because it becomes way too much fscking work to make anything worth it.

At least for awhile. My youngest is six now, and I can finally sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel. (And 15 minutes after I get there, of course, Junior's going to be a teenager.)

Traveling with a little kid and finding a hotel and toting him/her around a big city doesn't sound that bad IMO

Now that they're older, my kids are actually pretty fun to travel with. Paying for four plane tickets is a nightmare though.

And 30 minutes after that you'll be a grandpa!

Now that they're older, my kids are actually pretty fun to travel with. Paying for four plane tickets is a nightmare though.

I've just seen a lot of couples with kids in the 3-8 range that seem about 2 seconds away from offing themselves.

Or getting her in and out of the car seat every time you go somewhere.

I swear that it was a bigger deal for me when my kids started getting in and out of the car by themselves than it was when they got toilet-trained.

I was totes kidding. I'm sure kids can be just so tough.

Are y'all honeymoonin?

Yessir. Heading to the Dominican, Punta Cana to be exact. Heading to Santo Domimgo for a professional baseball game. Pretty excited about that.

Yessir. Heading to the Dominican, Punta Cana to be exact. Heading to Santo Domimgo for a professional baseball game. Pretty excited about that.

all-inclusive type deal?

we haven't started really planning that. I know we disagree on the spot, but it'll be fun regardless.

I swear that it was a bigger deal for me when my kids started getting in and out of the car by themselves than it was when they got toilet-trained.

Haha. Dealing with carseats suuuuck and I've only had to do it minimally. I can only imagine dealing with it all the time with 2 kids.

I've just seen a lot of couples with kids in the 3-8 range that seem about 2 seconds away from offing themselves.

It's bad. And it's bad for a long time. There's no getting around it. I'd jump in front of a little car for those little turds though. The genetic imperative is pretty damn strong.

Yeah. "Nightmarish but all worth it" seems like a proper description. The sacrifices are very real.

Haha. Dealing with carseats suuuuck and I've only had to do it minimally. I can only imagine dealing with it all the time with 2 kids.

After probably eight frigging years of constantly walking around the car and buckling someone in and getting them out and buckling them in and getting them out, I'm finally emancipated. We pull into a spot and we all get out and walk off like human beings. I feel like someone who lost 80 pounds every time I go to the store.

Have y'all discussed locations yet? Any ideas?

She wants a tropical/Caribbean all-inclusive place like that. Not totally against it, definitely see the appeal I just don't love WAY hot weather. We were planning it for a while and both got busy.

I was thinking like quiet town in the new England or nor-cal area, or a getaway at a Colorado ski resort in the off-season so it isn't crawling with peeps.

She wants a tropical/Caribbean all-inclusive place like that. Not totally against it, definitely see the appeal I just don't love WAY hot weather. We were planning it for a while and both got busy.

I was thinking like quiet town in the new England or nor-cal area, or a getaway at a Colorado ski resort in the off-season so it isn't crawling with peeps.

I like your ideas better.

cold > hot

Highly recommend cape cod .. Provincetown is full of fairies but everyone was nice

We stayed in truro

Went to Boston for a couple days then took the ferry over to cape cod for a couple days on the beach. Was awesome

Members online

No members online now.
Back