Ole Scott's Funeral

Yeah. "Nightmarish but all worth it" seems like a proper description. The sacrifices are very real.

The funny thing is that every study that's ever been doing says overwhelmingly that the happiest people are married couples without kids. They're happier with each other; they're happier with their jobs; they're happier in just about every aspect of their lives. There's no way that kids are worth it unless you put a very high value on the intangibles; children have a hugely negative WAR. Impossible to quantify "Daddy I love you," though.

She wants a tropical/Caribbean all-inclusive place like that. Not totally against it, definitely see the appeal I just don't love WAY hot weather. We were planning it for a while and both got busy.

I was thinking like quiet town in the new England or nor-cal area, or a getaway at a Colorado ski resort in the off-season so it isn't crawling with peeps.

Would be cool to catch some Cape Cod league on the honeymoon. That's were I am lucky, my fiancé is a former collegiate softball player. So she loves attending baseba games.

Yeah it is a delicate balance, want to do a bit more traveling before children. Ideally I'd like to be done by time I hit 34. Which gives me a little over 4 years. One or two will be plenty.

I'm on that same timeline. I turn 34 a month before I make it official and I've already told the fiancé that she's going to be pregnant before we land for the honeymoon.

Traveling with a little kid and finding a hotel and toting him/her around a big city doesn't sound that bad IMO

Story time.

My father and mother were crazy and use to drive from California to Tennessee straight, no stopping at a hotel, with four kids. One time our van broke down in Arizona. I was almost four, my two younger brothers just turned two and my sister was six months. So the van breaks down in a rinky dink town with one hotel within twenty miles which only has one room available. It's about 100 degrees, the AC in the hotel is slow so it was about 90 in there. I get sick and start puking, my sister won't stop crying and the twins are hot and are getting sick now and my mother breaks down because she is on her period.

My dad, for the only time since he had children according to him and my mom, looks her straight in the eye and says "This whole children thing was a bad idea" and just walks out.

He came back 20 minutes later but it was the only time I ever heard or remember him just walking out on us like that.

That sounds like an absolute nightmare. It just seems like it puts you on the edge of madness pretty consistently.

Fiancee, an only child, has hinted at only wanting 1 kid. May not be a bad idea.

No offense to your fiancé.. But you have to have two. Only child syndrome is really real

This. Right. Here. My fiancé is too an only child, and it is absolutely real.

Yup. My ex (who I dated was for three years) was an only child and while she was about the most down to earth only child I met, she still was spoiled to death and use to getting what she wanted. Which was the exact opposite of me being the oldest of five

Members online

No members online now.
Back