Z's "Detroit Rock City" Sports Thread

ScHoolboy Z

Pistons suck and depress me.

Wings are a year or two away, hopefully they can get a defenseman during the trade deadline.

The Lions hired a dead man, and not the Undertaker from WWE kind.

The Tigers will win the Central again, although making Prince Fielder the scapegoat for the playoff failures, then trading Doug Fister for nothing was absolutely dumb.

This thread is basically for me to ***** about Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings.

Last edited:
I got to hand it to J-Smoove. Shooting 3.5 three points a game and hitting 23% of them is almost impossible.

The best sports moment of 2013 was UT over South Carolina. #2 might be Hawks fans taunting Josh to shoot in his first game back here.

Lol nicely done. Have you seen the Cesaro vs Sami Zayne nxt matches? Must see.

Not yet. I don't have the WWEN. Cesaro is my favorite right now, so I will go watch it soon.

Sorry for the WWE Verc.

Pistons suck and depress me.

Wings are a year or two away, hopefully they can get a defenseman during the trade deadline.

The Lions hired a dead man, and not the Undertaker from WWE kind.

The Tigers will win the Central again, although making Prince Fielder the scapegoat for the playoff failures, then trading Doug Fister for nothing was absolutely dumb.

This thread is basically for me to ***** about Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings.

Except trading Prince Fielder wasn't dumb.

Wasn't smart to sign a 300+ pound limited 1st baseman to 200 odd million. They pulled the plug before it got too bad. I applaud that.

Ok.. I hope you're still applauding when he possibly bags an MVP this season. Power doesn't grow on trees anymore, money does.

He hasn't hit 40+ in going on 5 years. He is paid like he hits 40+. Pitching wins games. Give me Scherzer over Fielder. He hit 25 last year. That is essentially what it is about. My problem isn't with Fielder per se. It's that contract. He has a couple good seasons left in him. But his better days have passed him by in Detroit. He will have a power surge in Texas due to factors outside of his skill set, no doubt. But LOL at him winning an MVP, especially in the AL.

The only thing that sucks is he took Cabrera to the next level. That sucks.

Also, Prince Fielder is hot garbage in the postseason. HOT GARBAGE. He hit .225 this postseason and actually raised his career postseason BA to .194

In his last 24 postseason games all that power has netted him 1 HR. Not to mention his carefree attitude which was ultimately a major factor in shipping him out.

Postseason=SSS

Right now the only legit left handed bat in the lineup is Martinez. Kinsler is also on the decline. It's not an accident Miggy's had 2 of his best3 years with Prince behind me. Yes he's in his prime but he saw more pitches near the one with Prince behind him.

josh_smith_benched.jpg

"My game can get misunderstood by people who don't understand."

There's one guy on the Hawks forum I read who just cannot get over his love for Josh Smith. Hates Danny Ferry for getting rid of him, detests the new coach. Sneers at European players and "system ball." The fact that Josh has gone on to have his worst season ever means nothing; letting him go was a stupid mistake.

In other words, sports fans are the same everywhere.

Members online

No members online now.
Back