Anybody got an inside scoop on potential trades?

volsandbraves

I personally hope that we can go get a front line starter for Salty.

I love him and he'll be hard to deal, but business is business. I felt the same way about Marcus Giles, but Kelly Johnson has been amazing - not that we went out and got him.

Who are some of the star pitchers on losing teams that we might be able to get?

Schuerholtz is the master of keeping things quiet. He traded for Kenny Lofton, Andres Galarraga and Gary Sheffield without even so much as a whisper from anybody.

we have a pretty good staff now..a little help would be a plus though.

ya I like the four of: Smoltz, Hudson, James, and Cormier but I am not a big Davies fan and think we need a real number 3 which James and Cormier may not be.

They need a big bat at LF or 1B more than another pitcher (Adam Dunn can play both and he is available)

Would you trade Salty straight for Dunn?

I'm not sure that I would. Dunn's a good player and he's better than anything we've got in LF or at 1B right now, but Salty - if given time - might be as good at 1B defensively as Dunn.

Also, Dunn makes 10 million a year. Can we afford him? I mean, Thorman makes the league minimum right now, right?

Lastly, Dunn has a career .946 OPS at GABP and only a .842 OPS away from there. Perhaps he's been a bit of a product of his home park?

The more I think about it, Dunn might not be our best bet. I think Salty could produce a .842 OPS in full-time duty. Maybe we should see if he can play first.

And as far as left field is concerned, Harris and Diaz have been pretty lights out so far.

I still think we need a star SP. Can we clone Smoltz and pay the clone 8 million this year on a prorated basis? That'd be sweet.

Buehrle's not a bad option, but he's getting on up in age and he makes 9.5 million right now.

I've scanned the last and second-to-last place teams in all the divisions and here's a couple of names I came up with. Give me your thoughts on these guys:

Jeff Francis - Colorado
Vicente Padilla - Texas (yeah, I know, a reach)
John Patterson - Washington (very good when healthy)
Dontrelle Willis - Florida
Kevin Millwood - Texas
Aaron Harang - Cincy (not likely, but worth a shot)
Roy Halladay - Toronto (again, not likely, but worth a shot)
Andy Pettitte - Yankees (ok, a pattern is developing)
Gil Meche - KC (wouldn't that be funny?)
Braden Looper - St. Louis
Javier Vazquez - White Sox (he makes 12.5 mil though)

What are your thoughts on my long, rambling post?

Members online

No members online now.
Back