Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Chief

Braves star of the future or big ole hunk of trade bait?

Discuss

keep him and change his position to 1b or lf. He is going to be a player that you can build a franchise around. Plus he is a switch hitter and he has a good knowledge of the strike zone as a young player.

Think of this lineup:
KJ
Renteria
C. Jones
Francoeur
McCann
A. Jones
Saltalamacchia
Thorman
Pitcher

A good defensive catcher who can hit is a huge asset, and you throw away a lot of that value if you move him to 1B. If I were Schuerholz, I'd probably be looking to trade him -- or maybe McCann, if I decided that Saltalamacchia will be better. But a deal for either of them would have to be really, really good.

And by really good I mean either A) a good starting pitching prospect, or B) a big bat for 1B or LF, signed for at least a couple more years. The worst thing they could do is throw Saltalamacchia away for a half-year rental of some retread to try to hang in the race with the Mets.

And by really good I mean either A) a good starting pitching prospect, or B) a big bat for 1B or LF, signed for at least a couple more years. The worst thing they could do is throw Saltalamacchia away for a half-year rental of some retread to try to hang in the race with the Mets.
whats that? Are you talkin about Griffey. i think you are or maybe you are talking bout Dunn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back