Braves Thread Podcast

Could you really? And it don't bother me any. Watching Parker's interviews, he seems like a really good dude

He is a cool dude, no doubt. I've spitballed VOLS with him once or twice at ball games. He was actually raised a few doors down from me.. But years and years apart.

Question .. Did TSR talk any about other sec football or just Tennessee?

writing up some Vol talking points right now

sidenote: I wouldn't be opposed to expanding it to ncaa or sec/acc for some pods. Some breakout picks, some overall predictions, etc. etc… Not out of our knowledge base, but some discussion. Obviously, we all know the happenings at Tennessee more than any other school, and folks will be eager for a weekly discussion once the season begins.

writing up some Vol talking points right now

sidenote: I wouldn't be opposed to expanding it to ncaa or sec/acc for some pods. Some breakout picks, some overall predictions, etc. etc… Not out of our knowledge base, but some discussion. Obviously, we all know the happenings at Tennessee more than any other school, and folks will be eager for a weekly discussion once the season begins.

What we could do is one team takes the Vols on a Monday or Tuesday and then another team takes SEC/National on Thursday

I actually did a little 20 minute by myself podcast and being prepared is very crucial IMO

Especially being a mod Z or Verc, you can use VN as a way to engage topics, get different opinions on things, and use polls to gauge statistics that you can use in your show. There are enough users for that, and more people would listen when they feel like they're involved in some capacity. Either way, if you're serious about the idea, I'd be down in some way or another helping out/participating.

Podcast Ideas:

I think it might be a good idea to discuss the 2014 class in the first episode. We will have time for prediction episodes (Tennessee, SEC, and NCAA) throughout fall camp. Predicting depth charts and such now might not be great because we'll just learn so much more in camp.

Berry Twins:
Elliott's recent interview hinted at a wager between the brothers about who will cause more turnovers. Those on the podcast could choose a side of that wager and we could see how that changes throughout the season. This would start a board of bets/sides that we could track and see how we do.

Discussion of how great and important it is that Evan (and seemingly the entire class) has high expectations for themselves. In his recent interview, Evan said, "Why not expect a lot from us?" and that is the mindset we need with 32 newcomers and 12 seniors.

This could branch into a discussion of the study habits of legacies. There is talk of Bates diligently watching film with his father since middle school, his brothers playing in college, and him stating that he has always liked to look at film and have a full grasp of why he is doing what he is doing. Elliott also mentioned watching film and drawing up plays since he was a young age, and this aligns with all of the reports of Eric being a film-room enthusiast in his time as a Vol.

Discussion of Vic's importance to this class. Being here with guys he recruited. His enthusiasm about these newcomers. And how funny it is that there was some last-minute panic we might lose Vic.
That could branch into a discussion of who might return kicks. Vic, in his interview, mentioned going to catch kicks with Pig every single day trying to get better.

Finally, if someone knew some roommate assignments, there could be a fun discussion of the most-talented room on campus. Kelly and Bates are rooming together. The Berries are rooming together. Are Curt and AJ? Are Malone and Quez?

What position battle are we anticipating the most heading into camp?

I will try to think of more discussion topics later today. Obviously, we could find a way to discuss Butch & staff in a few different capacities.

Great ideas.

Need a baseball segment as well. Also, a platform to take shots at Cardinals fans would be cool. Working people into a frenzy makes for great radio.

Thanks, guys.

Best thing to do might be have a day of the week to work on a Vols one (with game prediction for the week), a day of the week to work on an all of CFB one (predicting select games for the week), and a day of the week to do general sports talk (Bryce Harper's hair, etc). Like Z suggested.

Depending on ease of assembly and enthusiasm of podcasters, of course.

Better than avg chance I could get a Gary Parrish appearance for anyone who follows cbs sports and college bball.

Members online

No members online now.
Back