Grumors

So no leaks on UT side by Jimmy Sextons camp has word that Gruden is taking the job?

Yeah right.

I still don’t think it will happen but I can easily see this

I don’t think it’ll happen either tbh. I’ll have to see it to believe it. But yeah, Sexton knows everything. He is also a Tennessee grad. So his connections are even deeper here.

The probability that the leak is on the Gruden side and also leaked from sextons camp to your buddy is what I’m calling bullshlt

John Brice saying Gruden to UT is 50/50. Says that too many people who personally know John believe it is a real possibility.

“Gruden will be in town later this week
Should have a final answer at that time as I would guess Tennessee will push him to sign a contract. Right now I think Brice is being conservative with his 50/50 declaration, though he is the bitb.”

“The feeling within the Mullen and Taggart camps is now that the Tennessee job is not going to be open long.”

Per Brice’s blog:

“The overtures to Jon Gruden, a Super Bowl champion coach, the NFL’s most recognizable broadcast voice and one-time UT assistant coach in the 1980s, are very real and much further along than at any point in any of Tennessee’s previous courtships to the mega-star football mind.

Six different sources, ranging from current coaches to former all-time great Vols to college administrators, in the past 72-96 hours tell me that Gruden is far more seriously considering this Tennessee offer than ever before; so much so that Gruden is making some preliminary calls to coaches and other college athletics folks about potentially joining him in Knoxville.“

Also from Brice:

"Next weekend he (Gruden) is allegedly on the verge of his third trip to Knoxville within the past few weeks in between his Monday Night Football obligations for ESPN, which pays Gruden approximately $6 million annually as its top NFL on-air personality.

It remains a situation that must be seen to be believed, but, if this was Santa Claus and his plate of chimney-side cookies, well, someone’s at least taken a drink of the milk."

“Gruden will be in town later this week
Should have a final answer at that time as I would guess Tennessee will push him to sign a contract. Right now I think Brice is being conservative with his 50/50 declaration, though he is the bitb.”

“The feeling within the Mullen and Taggart camps is now that the Tennessee job is not going to be open long.”

Gruden in town later this week... Hubbs says Currie will work on the search later this week 🤔

Here is the latest that I can gather from him.

I do not believe Gruden has given Tennessee a Y/N yet
Here is what I have gathered from really my only good nug provider on this: Kelly to UF is looking more and more likely and that could be done very soon. Gruden is still Tennessee's top guy as he has been for over a month and they are waiting on him and he is still expected to be in town later this week. They expect a yes or no in the next 48-72.

Tennessee and Florida filling quickly is very bad for business if you are looking to get a raise or extended security for your client. There is a concentrated effort to try and get Tennessee buzz with some guys like Mullen, Fleck, Taggart and Leach, even more so today with the feeling being that Kelly is going to take UF.

Remember there is ZERO coming from UT about this so everything you are getting from national guys is coming from agents and coaches who have strong incentives to kill the Gruden talk for as long as possible for their own benefit.

I am at about the same spot I was yesterday on this in my belief that it is somewhere around 70/30.

I think Brice, Wallace, Feldman are the guys to trust on this. Some wild stuff coming from most of the local guys on this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back