The Somewhat Serious Discussion Thread

If anyone is interested in him, I would strongly suggest listening to some of the podcasts or such that he has been on before buying the book. Joe Rogan’s most recent podcast is a good one...I find Rogan to be pretty fair, professional, and insightful even if his views and beliefs don’t always align with mine. And they have a great discussion.

I appreciate you responding. I certainly agree with some of your points regarding gender and marriage, but I also agree with him to an extent as well. Perhaps it was because I was also raised in a southern Baptist home with those same values. The chaos and order stuff is interesting and gives you things to reflect on and dive into, but I don’t know that I’d go so far as to assign it to one person in a relationship or another.

Your comment on the mothership about some of his views being “easy to hate” just struck me and I was curious what it was. I find a lot of his work extremely profound and I do think he is misconstrued and his comments misrepresented to a great extent (not that you did that.)

I do agree with you there, although I obviously disagree with him on certain issues I think the level to which he is demonized by some is just ridiculous.

I know we almost never even post here anymore but I just need a place to say fuuuuuuuuuuuuck (metaphorically speaking) right about now. How do you deal with your wife having a miscarriage, leaving literally a couple days later for a work trip and getting sexually assaulted by a coworker on said trip? I was thousands of miles away but I still feel like I’ve failed my family and don’t know how to fix it.

I know we almost never even post here anymore but I just need a place to say fuuuuuuuuuuuuck (metaphorically speaking) right about now. How do you deal with your wife having a miscarriage, leaving literally a couple days later for a work trip and getting sexually assaulted by a coworker on said trip? I was thousands of miles away but I still feel like I’ve failed my family and don’t know how to fix it.
Damn man, sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Were you sexually assaulted by a female coworker?

Damn man, sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Were you sexually assaulted by a female coworker?
Haha, definitely not a funny situation but that last line still made me laugh. I’d had a couple of glasses of whiskey last night before posting that but unfortunately no, it was my wife who was assaulted while on a trip for her job.

Haha, definitely not a funny situation but that last line still made me laugh. I’d had a couple of glasses of whiskey last night before posting that but unfortunately no, it was my wife who was assaulted while on a trip for her job.
Ohhh damn, sorry. That sucks something serious. Did she report it?

Ohhh damn, sorry. That sucks something serious. Did she report it?
Unfortunately not, there was an ex cop that now works with her who she gave a recorded statement to but because she was on the opposite side of the country she didn’t want to start something with the authorities so far from home.

Damn Noch. I’m sorry brother. Don’t really have words to say. That’s terrible

Awful to hear man. Will definitely be praying for you guys.

I am very sorry for y’all’s loss. If you need someone to talk to let me know, man. A lot of emotions to process and as a man there aren’t a lot of outlets to discuss miscarriage and the months and years that follow it. Praying for you.

Very sorry to hear about your wife too, if I were close I’d be willing to break that mother fucker’s knee caps. Nothing worse.

Thanks you guys, it really does mean a lot. The miscarriage obviously impacts us both but the attack isn't my story to tell, which I don't want or need it to be, but when I can't share it with anyone that she doesn't want to know about it that just means I don't have anyone to talk about it that isn't her. 99% of the time I want/am able to be the supportive husband and help her be strong about it but that 1% is when I found I needed this place to say things that I would to a friend in the real world if they knew about it.

Very sorry to hear about your wife too, if I were close I’d be willing to break that mother fucker’s knee caps. Nothing worse.
Thought has definitely crossed my mind from time to time but I try to keep those to myself because it doesn't help her any to hear me rattle on about bashing the guys head in.

Piece of shit was a friend of hers for years and then out of nowhere pulls this. She works big events with her coworkers from time to time and during the summer a bunch of those events are at the oceanfront just a few blocks from our house. On two separate occasions this summer he sat on my couch downstairs and watched TV while she was upstairs talking a shower and I was at work. That's how much she/we trusted this motherfucker.

Hey brother, I just saw this. Not cool at all on either count. I wish she was more open to pressing charges on that bag of shit, but I understand the situation.

Will be praying for you guys.

A student at Houston High School in Germantown (Memphis suburb) committed suicide last night. Apparenrly snapchatted about it before it happened. Society, media, social media, etc - I don’t know where we’re going man as people but pray for the kids who try to figure out what to do every day.

Good time to bump this. The video out of Brunswick is beyond appalling, just incredibly uncalled for even if the young man did burglarize the neighborhood. I know you’re close to the area GWN, what are your thoughts from a Marshal perspective?

Well, I think it’s horrifying. If those men were so worried about whether this man was a suspect in the burglaries, they should have called the police. I don’t buy that at all.

I don’t know if Arbery was out for a run or if he was involved in the burglaries or not. It doesn’t matter to me. Neither justifies the response in the video.

Members online

Back