The Somewhat Serious Discussion Thread

I saw this making the rounds on twitter earlier. I saw one earlier this week about police shooting an unarmed man in Brooklyn.

Haven't looked into either situation, but police shootings are becoming a very hot news topic lately.

Grand jury is coming back on the Ferguson, MO officer soon. No indictment expected. Prepping for big time riots...

Yeah, that is gonna get really ugly I have a feeling. Don't know what the grand jury decision should be, but it'll get nasty.

Looting makes it seem like more of a tantrum than a real issue.

Looting makes it seem like more of a tantrum than a real issue.

Bingo. I just don't understand the point that makes. Surely they thought of another way to logically get their frustration across than stealing hot cheetos

Mobs burn and loot when they get pissed. It's totally irrational, but it seems to be universal. Angry mobs have been burning down their own neighborhoods since at least the Roman Empire and probably before.

I mean, even Canadians (!) looted in Vancouver (!!) a few years ago when hey lost the Stanley Cup.

If looting is all that happens, I'll be glad. I was half expecting a somewhat organized assault on police...

True, burning and looting and breaking things seems to just be a thing that happens. But, boy, it just opens you up for criticism and gives people a reason to ignore whatever larger issues are there.

True, burning and looting and breaking things seems to just be a thing that happens. But, boy, it just opens you up for criticism and gives people a reason to ignore whatever larger issues are there.

The larger issues they're pissed about are never going to get addressed anyway.

I don't know whether Officer Wilson had legitimate cause to fear for his life, but it seems pretty clear that he didn't really regard Brown as a human being. This is a caricature.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3
Crazy the perspective he had of Brown in that situation.

Wonder what his record as a police looks like.

Members online

No members online now.
Back