GWN's Fitness Thread

My knees are shot and I’m worried about a stress fracture in my right foot but otherwise I feel like a million bucks

Run a marathon, they said.

It’ll be fun, they said.

Well done boys, can’t imagine taking that on but more power to you. I’d be up for all the terrain/obstacle runs or challenges but I’d never even entertain a marathon. I think I might prefer to be waterboarded.

PS: hope the “movements“ are ok for the next 24 hours.

I’d argue this was more of a terrain run than a marathon, TBH. When I started out to prep for a marathon, I did so with the intention of running the entire time with a goal of a certain finishing time range in mind. That literally went out the window sometime around 8:30 on Saturday morning. That’s what I get for picking a race out of thin air, though.

By the way...if y’all have Amazon Prime, check out the documentary “The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats It’s Own.” Set in almost the exact place Brown and I were at this weekend. Fantastic.

It definitely wasn’t a run in the sense of running. It was more obstacle course than run. A very unique experience I’m glad to have.

I’m about to watch that show on Amazon. F that chain smoking bastard tho

Members online

Back