April 12th-14th: Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals

Exactly.

No doubt there are other quality clubs out there, like the Nats... but the Braves have something that few others have, a lights out bullpen, even without Venters.

Well, people underrated their starting pitching because they don't have a top 10 lights out starter, but their first four is very solid.

Well, people underrated their starting pitching because they don't have a top 10 lights out starter, but their first four is very solid.
I think having one "dominant" ace is overrated. Give me multiple solid guys over that any day.

Then again, you say that, but look at what Medlen did once he got a starting job again last year.

The Braves have 3 starting pitchers in the top 20 ERA, and none of those are Tim Hudson (Huddy is at 39). This rotation is as good as any... and may get better when Beach comes back.

I think having one "dominant" ace is overrated. Give me multiple solid guys over that any day.

Then again, you say that, but look at what Medlen did once he got a starting job again last year.

The Braves have 3 starting pitchers in the top 20 ERA, and none of those are Tim Hudson (Huddy is at 39). This rotation is as good as any... and may get better when Beach comes back.

I agree, but that's what people gravitate to sometimes.

And I thought people overlooked Minor and the 2nd half he had last year, where he was a top 15 pitcher in the NL. Him and Medlen have big time potential.

Beachy is probably going to have his ups and downs to start, but he should be good to go by 2014 at least. I think Beachy gets in the bullpen and spot starts IMO.

I agree, but that's what people gravitate to sometimes.

And I thought people overlooked Minor and the 2nd half he had last year, where he was a top 15 pitcher in the NL. Him and Medlen have big time potential.

Beachy is probably going to have his ups and downs to start, but he should be good to go by 2014 at least. I think Beachy gets in the bullpen and spot starts IMO.

Yeah, the surgery is always a wild card. Some come back better (Medlen) others are just never quite the same.

LOL "Lets put this guy on and try to handle the guy that tomahawked a fastball from Strasburg yesterday." ROFL

Members online

No members online now.
Back