Dodgers not giving up on Betemit

braves guru

LOS ANGELES — Stranded on an island in the South Pacific in the movie "Castaway," Tom Hanks always kept his companion, Wilson — a volleyball that washed ashore with him — close by his side. Dodgers manager Grady Little says he has no intention of letting go of his Wilson, either. Wilson Betemit's batting average may be plumbing the depths — he's batting .132 — but Little said he'll continue to pencil him in at third base.

More...

Interesting. I hadn't realized he was struggling so much in LA. I still think it was a bad trade to dump him for basically nothing last year, especially given that Chipper hasn't played a full season in several years. But it would be a worse trade if he were hitting .330 right now!

Yeah, at least it makes us feel better if he struggles. :)

Yeah, at least it makes us feel better if he struggles. :)

While I don't mind seeing him struggle against the Bravos, I don't like seeing former Braves struggle period. Well there's that JD Drew guy, but you know what I'm talking about. Tell you what, if Aybar can come back can we trade him away for Wilson? I sure hope so.

Aybar was a throw-in on the Betemit-Baez trade last year, which is how the Braves got stuck with him in the first place. It was a bad trade even before Aybar went AWOL, and now it looks REALLY crummy.

Betemit will eventually hit some, assuming he keeps his job. It's obvious he's never going to develop into what we all thought he would when he was coming up in the Braves' organization, but league-average hitters are useful in their own way. At this point I wish the Braves had entertained the notion of moving him to LF, actually.

Members online

No members online now.
Back