Promotion leaves Harris 'happy, excited,' sleepless

braves guru

The Ryan Langerhans trade not only gives Willie Harris an opportunity in left field, but also a chance to play for the team he grew up cheering for in Cairo, Ga. Harris earned the call-up by hitting .362 for AAA Richmond. "Unexplainable, happy, excited, couldn't wait, ready," said Harris, who went to Kennesaw State. He started in left field Monday, one day after Langerhans was traded to Oakland, and got a hit in his second at-bat. "Growing up as a kid, I've always wanted to be in this clubhouse and play on this team," Harris said.

More...

I was excited when I saw that .362 but then someone pointed out that historically he wasn't a very good hitter.

Yeah, he's a career .238 hitter with only 5 HR in over 900 at-bats. He's probably not going to hit that much.

However, he can supposedly play every outfield and a couple of infield positions. That makes him a great 25th man on the roster if he can hit at all, since it gives the bench a lot more flexibility. I just don't think it makes sense to take at-bats away from Matt Diaz in his favor.

Of course, as I type, he hits the go-ahead single which (I believe) already gives him as many hits as Langerhans had. PROVE ME WRONG, WILLIE!

Members online

No members online now.
Back