Wickman on the DL

14straight

the announcers for the game tonight just said that Wickman has been placed on the DL for a "strained muscle in his upper back." soriano and gonzalez will cover closer duty while he is out

I can't help but wish they could have figured that out before he pitched in yesterday's game. It was obvious when he asked to be pulled on Friday night that something was wrong.

At least we know there is something wrong with him. I take that as good news. But, I agree, it would have been nice to figure that out a couple days ago.

I've never seen a pitcher essentially wave himself out of a game like Wickman did on Friday night. I wondered whether something might be wrong with him then.

Still, at least they've decided something's wrong and aren't going to keep sending him out there until he gets better. Soriano should be able to fill the closer's role fine until then.

i really feel better having a closer with a good fastball. i like wickman but he scares me when he leaves the ball over the plate

Wickman's whole deal is that he throws strikes and pitches to contact. He's like a fat Greg Maddux coming out of the bullpen.

Members online

Back