Wu's very own recruiting thread.

I realize your hatred for AU runs deep but a team we play every year and compete for a slot in the SECC game against vs. a team who cycles on and off our schedule and may not even face while they are there? No brainer to me, in this case I hope they are all Tiger.

Lol i know, id rather them pick Auburn but that's the 2nd worst option to me.

People crowned Florida for landing Scarlett like he was the best recruit OAT... So, basically, I want them to suffer, get no good press, and eventually fold the football program. I hate them.

Evan Berry experimented at RB during some bowl prep...

giphy.gif

Not to be a wet blanket my my buddy says there is no change he can be a RB at this level in those exact words. He can't hold on to the football for starters.

yeahhhhhhhhhh I knowwwwww. And he wouldn't be the first "emergency" choice, I don't think.

feel like the abernathies could impact this.

Probably true. Have to admit that I loved how Berry looked back there near the end of the season but he did put it on the ground at least one time that I can remember. One time doesn't a trend make but if those are the reports coming from Scotty's man on the inside, then he probably isn't long for the position.

I always wondered why Pig never got a chance.. Especially early in his career.

Berry did look good back there

The Young Get Younger

McKenzie is the headliner of another banner class for Tennessee, which will surely accelerate the surge of optimism in Knoxville under third-year coach Butch Jones. The Vols ended this past season on a hugely optimistic note, routing Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl with a lineup that was even greener than it was orange: In all, 23 true freshmen from Tennessee’s 2014 recruiting class saw the field at some point during the season, most in the nation, and against Iowa first- and second-year players outnumbered seniors on the official two-deep by a margin of 25-to-4. Considering the schedule — the non–SEC East portion of the slate included Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Alabama — the Vols were better than any team that young had any right to be, and after Wednesday the brakes on this bandwagon no longer exist.

Including McKenzie, Tennessee’s incoming class features five players in the composite top 100, two of whom (defensive linemen Kyle Phillips and Shy Tuttle) are already on campus as early enrollees; so is tailback Alvin Kamara, a former Saban signee who found the depth chart too crowded at Alabama, spent the 2014 season in junior college, and arrived in Knoxville last month as arguably the most coveted juco prospect in the nation. I could go on, but honestly I think four-star receiver Preston Williams’s signing day toggery is more than capable of taking it from here.

B9AXkkDIcAMuWIc.jpg

Signing Day Wrap: Alabama

Nothing that everyone here didn't already know but still nice to read, bolded line in particular.

Tee Higgins is gonna be a monster

I know he is 2017 kid, but he is impressive

2017 is going to be a monster class if we keep with the current trajectory. Mays is impressive, as is the other instate OL (name escapes me) but he should be a 5*. There could 3 to 4 5* in Nashville alone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back