The Joey Votto Appreciation Thread

ScHoolboy Z

Where having the best OBP in baseball the last four years means you are a head case who isn't a leader, and refuses to put the team first.

Dbake goin hard in the paint on the reds thread this AM

Dbake goin hard in the paint on the reds thread this AM

I usually just stick to our thread over there as I tend to have a little less time/interest for baseball league wide like you guys do but your post intrigued me enough to go check it out. Man, that is a lot of dumb over there in that thread. So Votto's no good because he takes walks in the "clutch" instead of trying to force a swing on a bad pitch? Am I correctly ascertaining the majority of the Reds fan's thoughts in that thread?

I usually just stick to our thread over there as I tend to have a little less time/interest for baseball league wide like you guys do but your post intrigued me enough to go check it out. Man, that is a lot of dumb over there in that thread. So Votto's no good because he takes walks in the "clutch" instead of trying to force a swing on a bad pitch? Am I correctly ascertaining the majority of the Reds fan's thoughts in that thread?

Brandon Phillips is god

Brandon Phillips doesn't walk, he swings the bat like a man

Brandon Phillips isn't a headcase because he expands his strike in the clutch and is willing to sacrifice batting average points

Thread is just idiotic. I love how the Vols4us posters tries to call out DA comments, but he makes them continuously in paragraph form

They are just baiting you Champy. They have bought into the stats game - not baseball. It takes a real player to understand that statement. None of them have ever had anything on the line on the diamond. The fact that ex-MLB players and coaches state the same things we do means nothing to them. They are after e-cred and messing with people.

Reds fans are mad about the team's performance today. Why? They are playing a superior team and organization that had an off day themselves. I can name 15-20 guys I would take over Votto and the list most certainly includes Freeman. Even if Votto returned to MVP form for a season, it would be just that - a season. He has mental issues. He is about Joey first and team second. They will not win a WS with that attitude from their supposed best player and highest paid. Just like when Junior returned. Everybody got all hyped and happy that the WS was coming. Junior would not sell out to the team's best interests. But it was too late. His contract strapped the ability to attract top talent and pay the ones that were on the rise. Same deal.

This guy has to be a Nati alter

Members online

No members online now.
Back