Braves/Padres game 4

Hudson gives up 2 hits, no runs in first half of inning 1

Andruw with a hit. Scores Diaz. Braves with 3 straight hits.

Francouer doubles hitting right on the foul line. Scores chipper, 2-0 braves, 4 straight hits.

2 runs on 4 hits for the braves, 2-0 at the end of 1.

Thanks for the updates. I had forgotten this was a day game. Time to fire up the radio and listen to Skip and Pete.

Yep, looking good so far. 5-3 heading to the bottom of the 7th.

Bravos are looking good now. Up 5-3 in the 7th. I'm sure we'll see Gonzalez and Soriano...

Hopefully they can shut 'er down.

The bullpen is so good that it's time to give them a cool name or something. :D

Let's see how good it is when Wickman gets back, because frankly he'd be the weak link right now. I'm sure he'll get the closer's job back, but honestly if I were the manager it would be Soriano's to lose. I think he's better than Wickman.

The way Soriano has been going, I don't see how he can lose the job right now.

I'd bet that at least initially, Wickman will be a setup man when he comes back just to get his feet wet again.

You don't think Bobby will give Wickman his job back, at least initially? That would go against everything Cox does, as far as being a player's manager. I just can't see Wickman losing his job by going on the DL, at least based on what I've seen from Cox for the last almost two decades. Just like you know he'll always walk the bases loaded when he can, he'll give the job back to the veteran when he comes back from the DL. Write it down, unfortunately.

Bobby will probably give the job back to Wickman, but Soriano is absolutely dominant right now.

Has he even allowed a base runner in May?

The old mantra is that you can't lose your job to injury, so Wickman will probably get the job back. I'm ok with that. Before he got injured he was doing a hell of a job.

In any scenario, we've probably got the best bullpen in the bigs right now. Not quite as heralded as some others, but certainly as effective.

Hell, look at Moylan and Tyler Yates. They've both been spectacular lately.

I could be slightly off on this, but according to the numbers I heard on the radio yesterday, before the appearance yesterday Soriano's last 10 appearances resulted in 10 innings, a 0.00 ERA, 2 hits and 12 K's.

Since the few days off that Gonzalez took a couple of weeks into the season, his numbers are similar to Soriano's.

Wickman done a great job last year, and he started off good this year till the explosion. But if he's back to his old self, there is no way that this bullpen can go wrong choosing between Soriano, Wickman, and Gonzalez.

Members online

No members online now.
Back